The Cockapoo, a mix of American Cocker Spaniel and Standard Poodle, may have been the first designer mutt. Well if it wasn’t designer, it was the popular standard mix breed of the seventies. It’s hard to say why it rose in popularity, it may have been the funny name or it may have been the size and personality that the combination produced. Whatever it was, it certainly was the popular mutt that may have started the designer mutt era.
- · Asia the Labrador Retriever American Cocker Spaniel Mix
- · Scarlett the Yorkshire Terrier Standard Poodle Mix
- · Gus the Beagle Poodle Mix
- · Oreo the Border Collie American Cocker Spaniel Mix
- · Nuka the Beagle American Cocker Spaniel Mix